Friday, July 6, 2012

Painting with Fire...thank you ladies

Today's post is a huge thank you to Barbara Lewis of Painting with Fire and the other ladies on her Painting with Fire ning for all their inspiration!  I finished my first torch fired enamel piece this week.  I have quite a few pieces that have been enameled but they are still waiting to be made into something great.  I might post some pics of those later this week.

                                               Here she is, my vibrant orange flower bangle!

I hand hammered and formed the copper disc for the flower, pickled, polished and then torch fired the vibant enamels on this piece.  I added enameled copper headpins as accent leaves and te flower center which wires the flower to the bangle.

The bangle itself is hand hammered and formed 10g copper wire that was soldered to hold the bangle closed.  I wear tested the bangle for 2 days, one of which included swimming and boating and it held up wonderfully.  It's amazing how strong glass enamel is, I am pretty tough on jewelry, especially a bangle.

Thanks again ladies for all your inspiration and support!

3 comments:

  1. Your bangle is so bright and cheery - great job! I've tried a few times but don't feel like I've quite got it yet. Your enameling looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Heather! There was a bit of a learning curve for me, but I's startig to get the hang of it.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear your comments!