Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Day 5, posting late again

Today was an assembly and production day.  I only have pics of one finished piece so far because as I am writing this one piece is pickling and another is in the tumbler, so those will reveal tomorrow.  Hopefully they will have friends with them.

Here is the piece that is fully completed.  You may remember the components from Day 2.

The necklace ended up just a little longer than chocker length.  You may also recognize the double headpins from a previous post.


Made a quick and easy toggle clasp from another double ended headpin.  This one I left unenameled.  Tip of the Day:  When choosing jumpring to make your chains be sure to buy or make those that have been sawcut. Notice that these don't close quite as tightly as they should because the cuts are not as clean as they should be.


Ooops, my chip is showing!  A couple of the headpins still have chips but they are smooth after being in the tumbler, so I left them as is.

I just forgot to get pics of the todays alcohol ink experiment.  Still not working as I had hoped, but it was kind of an interesting effect.  I will try to remember it for you tomorrow, which will also probably be a late posting unless I get to it between daughter's appts tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear your comments!