First, as you may recall, I had a piece partially finished and awaiting a bird skull bead from Staci Louise Originals. Once we got to the table though I ended up picking up three of those little beauties rather than just one.
This was the layout I played around with before deciding on the final arrangement. I already had the copper neck ring with plaited annealed steel ready and waiting.
The finished piece, with more annealed steel wire in a finer gauge as well as some enameled annealed steel headpins.
And here is how it looks on me. It lies flatter when I'm not holding my arms up to take a picture. I'm having a hard time deciding if I want to let this one go or not, I'm very fond of it.
Then I played with my new kumihimo disk. The first sample was done in a really fuzzy yarn and is large enough to be a choker, the second is a hempy looking cotton product which is bracelet length.
I look forward to playing with this technique more and really want to try it with wire.