Monday, July 30, 2012

Hopped it, and some other thoughts on jewelry

The first reveal of the Bead Soup Blog Party was this weekend, I hopped the whole thing and my clicking finger is tired, but it was so well worth it.  It's not too late to hop and check out what everyone made with their surprise ingredients from their swap partners, just go to Lori Anderson's blog Pretty Things and look for the link.

The best part of taking time to hop around is seeing all the things people created, stumbling upon new blogs to follow (my list grew again), finding new places to shop and people to admire.  Inspiration was everywhere and now my jewelry bucket list has grown yet again as well.  One of the things I added to the bucket list is metal clay, I have seen it before and looked at it with some interest.  After visiting the Gossiping Goddess and her Etsy shop Theatoo, I really want to get some metal clay and try my hand at it.  Until then I have several pieces from her shop on my wish list!

As I was playing in the studio last week, in my week of experimenting, it occurred to me that many of my days in the studio are experimental.  I seldom create the same thing twice, and lately I have really been trying lots of new things, whether it be, style, technique or what have you. 

What I have not been doing is listing in my Etsy shop like I should.  I must get back to it and get caught up.  I have never been disciplined at keeping up with paperwork.  I need to go back to list making and be sure to put the unfun (not a word I'm sure) stuff at the top of the list, because I have always been a bit of huge procrastinator.  I know this about me and try to put systems in place to keep me on track, but sometimes I fall off the rails.  Admitting you have a problem is the first step right?

I mentioned in an earlier post that it was to be a busy weekend, it was and I didn't play much at all with jewelry.  But we did see many old friends at the Legion for the annual home comers weekend Saturday night.  Sunday evening we got to see Meatloaf in concert.  It was a good time, but I would have liked to see him in a larger venue as in this smaller setting the music sometimes overpowered his voice; not Patty's though, that chick has a very healthy set of lungs. Today was catch up around the house and run kids around day.  Hopefully tomorrow is back to more fun and creative pursuits.

Oh, and just a few more days until I Siblingfest 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear your comments!